Welcome to Opunake Primary
Our School Values
Growing Children With PRIDE
Perseverance Respect Initiative Diligence Empathy
Message from the Principal
Kia ora koutou
We have had a great few weeks back at school. Students and teachers have been working hard and we have had some excellent work completed around PRIDE.
With fewer cases of COVID 19 being reported, we now feel comfortable in reducing some of the restrictions that we have put in the classroom and playground. From next week we will be starting to group students back into their classroom social groupings. We will be re introducing mat time for the younger students, and allowing greater movement around the classes.
Year 3 and 4 students will once again be able to utilise the front of the school.
Some things will stay in place, such as
- Regularly sanitising and washing our hands
- Using the additional toilet spaces
- Keeping students out of the office area unless they are sick
- Ordering our lunches directly from Arty tarts not through school
- I would also ask that parents and whanau continue to drop students off at the gate (at least for the next week or two) this makes contact tracing easier for the school to manage. BUT please remember we are still able to meet with parents by appointment.
Links to Classroom Learning Portals
Miss Cardie & Miss Russell
Mr Frank & Mr Lodge
Vacancy: We are looking for a Year 7 and 8 Teacher for Term 3, 2020. Please contact (06)7618367 for details or forward a letter of application to Lorraine Williamson at email@example.com
How to help desk
You will find below the links to each site. Click on the link and you will be taken to each classes Learning Portal. Teachers will be sharing links to learning through each of these sites.
You will also need to access each students Google Drive. This will be where teachers will share individual learning that students will then be able to share back with their teachers.
You can access this using an device (computer, laptop, tablet, iPad).
To access Google Drive through Safari & Chrome:
- Go to Google Drive sign in: www.drive.google.com
- Click 'Sign in'
- Enter students email address (first &last name) @opunakeprimary.school.nz e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter students password. Each class has their own password.
CubHouse Password: CubHouse2020
The Den Password: TheDen2020
Watering Hole 1 Password: opswh12020
Watering Hole 2 Password: WateringHole2
Sahara 1 Password: Sahara2020
Sahara 8: sahara2020@
Panthera: these students know their own passcodes but if they have trouble then please message their teacher or Kelly.
If you have trouble with logging on then please email Kelly to troubleshoot. email@example.com